Oral Cancer Screening Can Save Your Life
Oral Cancer Screenings are Part of our Comprehensive Dental Health Services
Our expert Shelby Township dentist wants to remind patients that our office offers thorough oral cancer screening as part of our comprehensive dental health services. Like with every form of cancer, early diagnosis can have a profound impact on the success of your treatment. Regular screenings are your first line of defense against oral cancer and our dentist in Shelby Township is here to help.
What is Included in Mouth Cancer Screening
In your screening, our dentist in Shelby Township will check your lips, tongue, gums, mouth, and throat for any abnormalities that could be or become cancerous. We will give careful consideration to any symptoms you may be experiencing. If you have experienced any oral cancer symptoms for more than a week without improvement, schedule an appointment and tell your dentist immediately.
Symptoms that could indicate oral cancer include:
- Ear pain
- Unexplained mouth bleeding
- Mouth sores that don’t heal
- White or red patches in your mouth
- Dramatic weight loss
- Lumps or swellings in or around your mouth
- Sore throat without other sinus symptoms
- Sensation of something caught in the back of your throat
- Pain or difficulty in swallowing, speaking, or moving your jaw or tongue