Learn Benefits of Invisalign’s Innovative Treatment Technology
As an adult, the last thing you might want is a mouth full of metal braces, even if you suffer from crooked teeth! Fortunately, Invisalign can correct crooked teeth without the hassle of traditional metal braces.
Why Fix Crooked Teeth?
Fixing crooked teeth is more than a cosmetic change. Certain speech impediments, hygiene issues, jaw pain, and uneven grinding can each be improved with straighter teeth.
Sure, straight teeth coupled with a whitening process will give you a movie star smile, but vanity aside, they’re also more comfortable.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Instead of having metal wires in your mouth, your orthodontist will create a series of clear BPA-free braces that, over time, gently correct the position of your teeth. You can take them on and off quickly and easily, too! When you need to eat or brush your teeth, you just pop your Invisalign braces out.
Roughly every two weeks, you’ll transition to the next set of Invisalign braces. As your teeth begin to align, the clear plastic brace may start to feel a little loose. This means that your treatment is working!
It’s important to stick to the timeline set by your orthodontist, though, so your gums and jaw can get used to the new position of your teeth.
Once you’re done, you’ll have to wear a retainer part-time to keep that impressively straight smile.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are plenty of benefits to Invisalign braces. Some of the most popular are:
- They’re more comfortable. This is probably not a revelation, but a clear plastic aligner is better to have in your mouth than wires.
- They’re more hygienic. Because traditional braces trap food, getting clean teeth is a chore. Invisalign braces are removable, which means it’s easy to care for your teeth.
- Scans aren’t invasive. With metal braces, you’ll need X-rays and uncomfortable plastic cheek spreaders for dental pictures. Invisalign braces use 3D scanning technology instead.
- It can be faster! Instead of a near two-year process for traditional braces, most Invisalign treatments only last about a year.
- It’s a great confidence booster. Smiling with a clear plastic aligner won’t make you feel self-conscious!
Best of all, Invisalign is a time saver. You won’t have to go to the orthodontist for constant wire adjustments! The visits are shorter and more spread out with Invisalign.
Why Are Metal Braces Still a Thing, Then?
If you’re wondering why people still get metal braces, the answer is that some severe tooth issues can only be fixed by traditional braces or surgery. But if you meet Invisalign criteria, you’ll be happy to be spared a mouth full of metal on your quest for straight teeth.
How Can I Get Invisalign Braces?
If you’re ready to explore Invisalign in Shelby Township, contact Dr. Timothy Roney DDS & Associates today. We’ll help you to discuss your options and find out whether you’re a candidate so that we can get you on the path to straight, comfortable teeth!